Sleep is very essential for a healthy life and active routine, if you are not sleeping comfortably then there’s a fair possibility that your mornings would be achy and your whole day is going to have that lag of sleep deprivation. Therefore, it is very important that you do a complete research before buying a bed and a mattress. Because one wrong decision could alter your daily routine.
Buying bed or mattress is not something that we do very often, it is mostly once in a lifetime investment. Therefore, careful consideration and thought process are quite evident when we intend to buy one.
Beds and mattress cost you from few hundreds of Australian dollars to few thousands. Apart from that, transporting them from shop to home is also an add-on effort. The best way out is to give the purchasing of bed and mattress a complete thought and then buy it online from Factory Buys where you could find a range of traditional to contemporary beds at economical prices and that too, with the home delivery option.
However, there are certain steps that you should undertake before making the purchase, such as:
Tips To Buy Beds & Mattresses
- The first thing to consider is the type of mattress that you want to have to fulfil your needs. General types are spring mattress, foam mattress, and air mattress. The cheapest one is spring mattress, foam mattress gives extra softness while air mattress can give you both firmness and softness based on the remotes it comes along. So your first step is to be clear on the type of mattress you want to purchase
- Then comes, choosing the size of the mattress. There are a twin, single, king and queen size mattresses available in the market. Again the decision depends on your desired need of cheap bed and mattress
- When deciding upon your mattress, you should also consider the size and area of the room as we do not want to buy anything distorting the symmetry of the room
- You need to know the size of the bed which will be accommodating the mattress. It will depend on the size of the room, therefore, measure the room size with a tape ruler. Make sure you leave space of few feet between the wall and marked space of bed, do the same for furniture. General bed sizes are a twin, single, king, and queen. Another way of measuring the bed size is, place the mattress in the room if you have one and then assess the size. But if you have none of the two, the best way out is to check the sizes yourself before searching online for economical bed and mattress
- Next step is to determine if you want a high frame or low frame in bed as nobody wants to buy a low frame bed with a mattress of lesser height and vice versa, just because of low costs or massive sale on it. Make sure that getting in and getting out of the bed is easier, convenient and comfortable. Everything else would come later
- If you are tall then you would also need to consider getting a footboard while buying cheap beds and mattresses. Because if your feet would be out of the bed or your head would be banging on it every time then it is better to get a footboard along else you can go for the compact design range available at Factory Buys. You can also go for buying a platform bed frame which is closer to the ground and has wooden slats to hold up the mattress
- If you are living in a room or apartment with no closet or lesser storage space then you might want to consider a bed option with a storage space underneath. The storage space is usually located under the mattress where you can keep your books, clothes and other stuff. It is a great option for those living in one room, two room apartments in Australia
You cannot make a better decision unless you have thoroughly thought about the needs, tastes, and preferences in it. Buying an expensive bed does not mean you are getting everything that you need. Similarly, opting out for cheap bed and mattress do not guarantee that all your requirements would be fulfilled. That is why digging through the wide range of options at factory buys is a good starting point for brainstorming about the given decision making tips.